2011. augusztus 23., kedd

Mirror

This is an extra post for today, as I finally managed to finish the grand mirror which will hang on the wall in the salon de thé.
It took a while (days....) to make all the leaves and fruits which ornate the frame. I gave up to count the leaves at 300.... It is 10 cm long and 15 cm high at the heighest point. I made it a bit blurry, as it is an old piece and the mirrors fade and blind with time. 

The first steps: sculpting the frame and the fruits





Sculpting finished, but still unpainted:


Covered with gesso and partially painted


Painted and aged



We have tropical heat here, so I won't make too much in the next few days, but I hope I will be able to post next week.

Have a great week,
Orsi

3 megjegyzés:

  1. Wow, what patience ... how many little fruits! It's beautiful!
    Hugs

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Thank you Eliana, yes, it wasn't the easiest piece of my life. Not because it was complicated, but I needed all of my patience to complete it :))

    VálaszTörlés
  3. OMG....the mirror is stunning! You have put so much work into it and it was worth every minute! It is gorgeous!!!!

    VálaszTörlés