2011. augusztus 23., kedd

Trip to France

I know I didn't posted anything in the last 3 weeks, but I was fortunate enough to take a short trip to France and made some studies to my salon de thé (yes, it included some visits to different Ladurée salons: Champs-Elysées, Chateau Versailles and rue Royal). We accomodated in Paris and took a trip to Vernon and Giverny (to Claude Monet's house and beautiful garden) and certainly Versailles and the Trianon Estates.
Vernon was fantastic with a tiny old town centre packed with half-timbered houses from the 15-16th centuries and a Romanesque - Gothic style cathedral. We took a long walk to the Old Mill and Chateau des Tourelles as well as to the Chateau de Bizy.
Versailles was as magnificent as ever. Though there was huge crowd and people were everywhere, we were able to reach the Trianon Estates before the crowd and spent some fantastic hours there. This was my 6th visit to Versailles, but I'm still amazed and always discover something new what I didn't see before.
Here are some photos about my trip:

The French Pavilion at Petit Trianon






Petit Trianon



Marie Antoinette's Hamlet at Petit Trianon







The Old Mill in Vernon



The Chateau de Tourelles in Vernon



Half-timbered houses in Vernon





See you soon,
Orsi

1 megjegyzés: