2014. december 16., kedd

A kitchen to the Dóri House / Konyha a Dóri Háznak

The Dóri Ház is Hungary’s one and only children's hospice, it was named after the founder’s daughter, who died of leukemia at her age of 18.

The government doesn’t support their operations anymore, therefore they need any help they can get. They help the families of the ill children with taking care of the child, offering a place where the child and the parent can spend the days and nights together, they organize transports to physiotherapy to the capital, etc.

The company I work for decided to support them this year, but I wanted to create something special to the children. I dreamt about a kitchen with white furniture, pale yellow walls, black and white floor and pink fabrics.

As I had to stock up to the KDF as well, my best friend Anna helped me to put it together. We created my exact dream with white furniture, pale yellow walls and black and white floor. We chose a white tongue and groove panelling, and to create a modern feeling I used LEDs all over the ceiling. I found a lovely striped paper a while ago, just reprinted it on fabric and used as tea towel, curtain  and tablecloth. I used a lovely  bee print fabric to upholster the chairs. I chose and made utensils painted to the colours which appear on the striped fabric.

Finally filled the fridge with typical Hungarian products like „Túró Rudi” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%BAr%C3%B3_Rudi), Karaván cheese (a type of smoked cheese), wurst and sausage.

I hope that we created something which will bring joy to the little inhabitants of the Dóri House.







Have a lovely day,
Orsi


******************************


A Dóri Ház Magyarország egyetlen gyermek hospice háza, nevét az alapító lányáról, a 18 éves korában leukémiában elhunyt Dóriról kapta.

A kormány idén minden támogatást megvont a Dóri Háztól, így segítségre van szükségük a feladataik további ellátásához. A gyermek hospice segít a családoknak azzal, hogy gondoskodik a náluk tartózkodó gyerekekről, segít, hogy a gyermek és a szülő együtt lehessen, megszervezik a gyerekek kezelését a Pető Intézetbe, és hozzák-viszik őket, segítenek a további kezelésekben.
A cég amelynek dolgozom idén úgy döntött, hogy a Dóri Házat támogassa, de személyesen is szerettem volna az ott tartózkodó gyerekeknek. Egy konyhát álmodtam meg fehér bútorokkal, halványsárga falakkal,  fekete-fehér padlóval, rózsaszín textilekkel.  
Mivel időközben a KDF-re is készülnöm kellett, a legjobb barátnőm, Anna segített a konyha elkészítésében. Az álmomat valósítottuk meg fehér bútorokkal, halványsárga falakkal és fekete-fehér padlóval. Fehér lambéria mellett döntöttünk, és LED-dekkel „pakoltam tele” a mennyezetet a modern hatás kedvéért. Évekkel ezelőtt találtam egy mutatós csíkos papírt egy hobbiboltban, amit most textilre nyomtattam ki, ebből készültek a konyharuhák, a függöny, az asztalterítő és két szék kárpitja. A másik két székhez és konyharuhához egy színben illeszkedő méhecskés mintát választottam. A konyhai kiegészítők, tálak, merőkanál, stb. olyan színűek lettek, mint a  textil csíkjain megjelenő különböző rózsaszín árnyalatok.  

Végül megtöltöttem a hűtőt tipikusan magyar termékekkel: Túró Rudival, Karaván sajttal, virslivel és kolbásszal.

Remélem, hogy sikerült olyat alkotnunk, ami mosolyt csal a Dóri Ház kis lakóinak arcára.
Kérek mindenkit, aki teheti, támogassa őket, a hivatalos nevük Szemem Fénye Alapítvány, többet olvashattok róluk itt: http://www.szememfenye.hu/

Szép napot kívánok mindenkinek,

Orsi

5 megjegyzés:

  1. What a Wonderful and Generous Gesture!!! I applaud you for taking the time to make this lovely kitchen for the children's hospice. It reminds me of the time when I was 6 years old and the first doll's house that I ever saw, was while I was a patient in the Children's Hospital. That dollhouse changed my life, from that point on. These things that we often take for granted, can and do make a world of difference to a sick child.
    Your work is outstanding as usual and the little kitchen will be well-loved by many. Of this I am certain. :))

    elizabeth

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Un gran trabajo,no solo por la perfección de la maravillosa cocina,sino por el gesto de amor que has tenido con los niños,estará felices!!!!
    Besos.

    VálaszTörlés
  3. Thank you Elizabeth and Pilar6373! I'm happy you like it. Though I was adult when my first real encounter with dollhouses happened, I had some of my mum doll furniture what I adored, and what pushed me towards dollhouses. So yes, I hope this kitchen will give some positive moments to them.

    VálaszTörlés
  4. Hi,
    beautiful work ..!!!
    Very very complimets ..!!!!
    Min Hugs ..!!
    elvira :)

    VálaszTörlés
  5. Hello Orsi :-)
    your work is amazing, I love this post and the previous - you did fantastic tiny things...

    Warm hugs,
    Magda

    VálaszTörlés